If you hate the feeling of hair sticking to your damp, sweaty neck in the summer as much as we do, you’re in the right place!
Scroll down to see 3 super-easy summer updos you can rock, even on the hottest of days.
Messy Top Knot
This hairstyle is a fun and effortless take on a regular top bun. It is super easy to execute, and with the right hairspray (like one of these) you will look fabulous all day long!
Here are 5 easy steps to pull off this look:
- Start by pulling your hair into a half pony, and fan out the fold.
- Now, loop the tail back into the hair tie.
- Take the edges of the fold and tuck those back into the hair tie.
- Pull the top to make more of a 3-leaf clover look.
- Take the new edges of the clover, one at a time, and pull it across the front, overlapping each other, and securing it with a few bobby pins.
Finish off the look by pulling out a few pieces of hair around your face, spray with hairspray and you’re ready to go!
This braid is perfect for someone with longer than shoulder length hair, looking for something unique and secure. With the help of a few elastics and some hairspray, this look will last the whole day (and even the next!).
Here is how to execute it:
- Comb your hair and part it down the middle.
- Take a small section of hair from the one side of the parting, divide it into three and start braiding your hair into a Dutch braid, adding a small extra section of hair to each strand as you cross it under. Continue braiding around your head until you reach the other side.
- Once you cannot braid your hair any further, use a hair tie to hold the end together.
- Wrap the end of the Dutch braid around your head to form a halo and tuck the end of the braid in the nape of your neck, using a bobby pin to secure it.
- Pull out the whole braid very slightly to make it look more relaxed.
- Spray you braid with hairspray (like one of these) to keep it secure for longer
Messy high ponytail
This “I woke up like this” look doesn’t really magically happen when you roll out of bed and put your hair in a pony. But it is quite simple to pull off!
For this look, try and skip washing your hair the night before for hair that has better grip. To give your hair a lift, spray salt spray at the roots for additional volume.
Now for the pony:
- Start by pulling your hair up, gather it at the top of the crown of the head and fasten it into a ponytail. The messier, the better!
- Take a 2cm section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the base of the ponytail to hide the elastic.
- Finish off the look by spraying a texture spray on the length of the hair to give it more movement.